How to receive authorization
BMDW's on-line facilities can be used by transplant centres and search co-ordinators. Authorization is given primarily by the national hubs. People who are not professional members of the BMT community will not be authorized.
The procedure for authorization
1. Print form MR-10, fill-out form MR-10, and fax it to your national hub (for US centres only: fax the form to the NMDP, attn. Kelly Olthoff; Fax: +1-612-627-5810).
Please note that by signing the form you agree to the confidential use of the facility: your username and password should not be distributed to other members of your staff or within your organisation. If more than one users needs access to BMDW, each user should fill out the authorization form MR-10. At regular intervals security checks are made by BMDW.
2. If the hub authorizes your organisation BMDW will be informed. BMDW will generate usernames and passwords. These will be sent to the hub. The hub will forward them to you.
3. Any financial arrangements will be between your organisation and the hub.
No national stem cell donor registry / CBU bank in your country?
Not all stem cell donor registries or cord blood bank participate in BMDW (yet). For those centres, in countries without a registry or cord blood bank, participating in BMDW, you can request authorization directly from BMDW. Please note however, that in this case:
1. Your centre must be an internationally accredited transplant centre.
2. Your fee for access to BMDW will be EUR 670.00. An invoice will be sent annually.
BMDW - Bone Marrow Donors Worldwide * Plesmanlaan 1b * 2333 BZ Leiden * The Netherlands